111 Benefits of Meditation to the Mind, Body and Spirit
111 Benefits of Meditation to the Mind, Body and Spirit
Benefits of Meditation to the Mind
- Improved mental focus and less 'mind chatter'
- The ability to tune out distractions
- Greater work-life balance
- Less mind wandering and mental clutter
- More silence from the 'observer self'
- Less sense of time urgency
- Less mental stress from meditation
- Time spent in reflection, renewal and inspiration
- Better working memory and intellectual performance
- Improved self-confidence and motivation
- Increased creativity and problem solving ability
- Improved productivity
- Greater will power and self-control
- Better job satisfaction
- Better communications
- Less confusion
- Less mental illness (anxiety, depression, psychosis, addictions, ADHD)
- Better decisions and judgement
- Greater sense of personal character, honesty and integrity
- Reach more of one's potential
- Less impulsivity
- Faster learning and greater comprehension
- Greater happiness from higher serotonin levels
- Stronger intuitions, hunches, premonitions and instincts
- Greater perception of conscious awareness (reality)
- Better visualisations during meditation
- More meaningful answers to questions
- Fewer questions that need answers
- Feeling centered, grounded, calm and peaceful
- Improved adolescence anger and mood swings
- Being in the 'flow state' more often
- Simplification and worthiness
- Surpassing self-imposed and society-imposed limits
- Escaping the fast paced world and forming a stronghold against it
- Less negativity, whining, whinging, complaining, blaming and criticising
Benefits of Meditation to the Body
- Less wasted energy, money and time
- Slower heart rate
- Lower blood pressure
- Stronger immune system and less likely to get colds from meditation
- Faster healing and quicker recovery
- Reduced occurrence of infections
- Reduced perception of acute or chronic pain
- Deeper and more frequent relaxation from meditation
- Improved sleep and feelings of rest - less fatigue
- Decreased need for stimulants like nicotine, caffeine, chocolate and sugar
- Healthier skin and fewer wrinkles
- Less fluid retention
- Reduced tendency for weight gain
- Improved blood sugar and stabilization of diabetes
- Lowered cholesterol and less cardiovascular disease (heart attacks and strokes)
- Less asthma, breathing difficulties or allergies
- Slows the ageing process
- Fewer headaches or migraines
- Less spent on health care and doctor visits
- Improved sports performance
- Fewer seizures
- Fewer infertility issues and greater tolerance for pregancy
- Improved energy, health, stamina and vitality
- Decreased need for medications and/or supplements
- Decreased acne
- Decreased irritable bowel syndrome from meditation
- Decreased inflammatory episodes and autoimmune diseases
- Improved flexibility
- Less pre-menstrual tension (PMS)
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved posture and strength (if combined with yoga, tai chi, etc.)
- Less likely to get cancer or more likely to heal from cancer
- FREE - it doesn't cost anything except quality time spent
- PORTABLE - you can meditate just about everywhere
- QUICK - doesn't take long to reap the benefits of meditation with practice
Saint Padre Pio stated: "Through the study of books one seeks God; by meditation one finds him." The Rosary: A Path Into Prayer by Liz Kelly 2004 ISBN 082942024X pages 79 and 86 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Benefits of Meditation to the Spirit
- Greater perspective of Oneness and the I Am Presence
- Weakening of the ego and the perception of self as separate
- Surrendering to the I Am Presence
- Receiving enlightenment and wisdom
- Greater Awakening to Higher Purpose(s) and communication thereof
- Evolution of the Spirit and a larger expression of the Spirit
- Perceiving oneself as Eternal and the interconnectedness of all things
- Deepen one's relationship and cooperation with God/Source
- More positivity and greater acceptance of the Self
- Forgiveness and healing of the Self and others
- Larger capacity to love the Self and Others
- Greater kindness and compassion for others and motivation to help others
- Greater sense of tolerance and priorities
- Enjoying the differences instead of trying to be the same
- More compromise, more benefit to humanity and greater peace
- Living more in the present moment
- Becoming a conduit for universal love and unconditional love
- Greater sense of knowingness and understanding
- Noticing the synchronicities of thought and manifestation
- Deeper stillness with greater joy and appreciation
- Healing the soul, the past and false perceptions
- Better relationships with the Self and others
- Greater sense of freedom and celebration of life
- Greater sense of belonging and need
- Divine communication with the Holy Spirit, angels, saints, guides, masters and deceased loved ones
- More meaningful contributions to Self and society
- Out of body experiences and astral travel
- Expanded sense of neutrality and all things have their place and time
- Less need to define or justify
- Fewer use of labels and need for labels
- Less need for control and more going with the flow
- Becoming a better 'human being' instead of a 'human doing'
- More surrender, harmony, patience, and honesty
- Less concern for consequences and more observations of the natural order
- Greater awe and childlike wonder in the moment of 'now'
- Greater awareness, self-reliance and trust
- Eliminating the need for revenge or retribution
- Sense of achievement for 'paying yourself first'
- Fewer opinions and greater observations
- Less war, jealousy, fear, greed, pride, shame and guilt
- You GET to Work with our Spirit friends and family - especially in our Brisbane Meditations to Connect with Spirit.
For more reading on the benefits of meditation check out these sites:
Templeton Foundation awards grant for meditation | UC Health - I can't object to millions of US$ being spent on this research, however, the best way to prove the benefits of meditation is for the researchers to experience it directly for themselves – they would then realize that research is not ...
Meditation's Next Frontier: Improving Customer Service | Knowledge ... - However, the benefits of meditation that researchers are beginning to find in the domain of private life, including having greater empathy and a desire to help others, are just as relevant to the workplace domain. “It is likely that ...
Week 6 – Yoga and Mindfulness (Summer 2013) | Peace Learner - Explore the use of meditation in schools and learning environments; List benefits of meditation and yoga for learners; Experiment with yoga and meditation practices for self-care; Develop a meditation or yoga routine for ...
How Meditation Changes the Structure of Your Brain - Well, a new study offers some hope—and makes the benefits of meditation seem within reach even for a novice like me. The study, published last month in the journal Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, suggests that ...
Meditation and Brain Health | DrEliaz.org, Your Guide to Wellness - UCLA Researchers Uncover New Benefits of Meditation for the Brain. Most recently, neuroscientists at UCLA have shown another fascinating neural effect of regular meditation: the ability to increase “cortical gyrification” of the ...
Calm Your Consciousness -- 5 Tips for Your First Meditation ... - Five helpful tips for learning to calm your consciousness through meditation that are helpful to know before your first meditation class or session.
6 Ways that Meditation is going to revolutionize your academic life ... - 6 Ways that Meditation is going to revolutionize your academic life. on 08/29/2007 by Eric Grey in Community and Cultivation. meditation One of Deepest Health's readers, Katrina, mentioned that she wonders about the benefits of meditation ...
Sahar Yousef « Vision Science at UC Berkeley - MY HOBBIES: One of my biggest passions is meditation and spreading awareness of the positive benefits of meditation. I help facilitate a course on Tamarkoz® (Sufi meditation), spirituality, and the mind through the Cognitive Science Dept. at ...
4 scientific studies on how meditation can affect your heart and brain ... - Comments (49). Sign in to add comments or Join (It's free and fast!) 1 2 3 Next ». Pingback: Benefits of Meditation: Scientific Studies « Vibrant Bliss. commented on Jan 13 2013. Reblogged this on The Void. Pingback: La ...
Mindfulness meditation: A mental workout to benefit the brain ... - Researchers are still trying to figure out why increased connectivity results in some of the benefits of meditation. Figure 2. Profile of a human brain using diffusion tensor imaging, showing the white matter connections of the brain. Image by ...
New Study Shows Meditating Before Lecture Leads to Better Grades ... - “One difficulty for researchers who study meditation is that the supposed benefits of meditation do not always replicate across different studies or populations, and so we have been trying to figure out why. This data from this ...
Taking the Mystery out of Meditation | Tasting Mindfulness - Research indicates the benefits of meditation range from alleviation or decrease in a broad range of physical symptoms to a decrease in anxiety and depression. However, a lot of people go through their entire lives without ...
Alpha brain waves correlate with sensory focus = Meditation + ... - Pingback: 20 Blogs Explaining the Many Benefits of Meditation for You and Your Child | NannyPro.com. Pingback: 20 Blogs Explaining the Many Benefits of Meditation for You and Your Child | Fit & Healthy Schools ...
Meditation's positive residual effects | Harvard Gazette - Imaging finds different forms of meditation may affect brain structure | A new study has found that participating in an eight-week meditation training program can have measurable effects on how the brain functions even when ...
Eight weeks to a better brain | Harvard Gazette - Meditation study shows changes associated with awareness, stress | Harvard researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital find that participating in an eight-week mindfulness meditation program appears to make ...
Building the evidence for meditation | Evidence Based Living - While more than 1,000 studies have been conducted on the benefits of meditation, several systematic reviews in recent years have all drawn the same conclusion: Scientific research on meditation practices lacks a common ...
stuff I'm not paid to endorse: transcendental meditation | Sarah Wilson - John Pattrick says: You mean they were right about Meditation Australia teacher's course, they told me the same benefits of meditation. Now after reading this I'm sure gonna join their classes. Thanks for motivational post.
10 Ways That Meditation Can Change Your Life | Struggle2Victory - Since the 1960′s and '70′s, the many benefits of meditation have been scientifically researched in the Western world. Various meditation techniques have been thoroughly studied, which has led millions of people ...
Meditation makes us all winners! | Tasting Mindfulness - Listening to NPR this morning, the benefits of meditation practice are even being picked up on by business schools around the country—from Harvard to Michigan's Ross School of Business. The bottom line is that “slowing ...
Medical study proves relaxation techniques reduce stress | JailstoJobs - For more information about the benefits of meditation see Action Plan, Meditation Why Bother?: A Taste of Mindfulness Meditation at www.jailstojobs.org/html/meditation.html. Many hospitals, doctors, social workers and others ...
Copyright (c) 2013. Connect with Spirit Pty. Ltd. All rights reserved. Google Big List of 111 Benefits of Meditation to the Mind Body and Spirit.